01 March 2010

The Vintage Whites Market...

Rarely do I want to get up early on a Saturday, but this weekend there was a mega garage sale at 2 antique stores in town!  So yeah, I got up early... :)



I spent under 40 dollars for the whole day and got so much cute stuff!  A wire planter basket, a cookbook, an old bread tin, a wooden letters game, a book, 2 hat boxes, a piano music roll, a dresser, a mirror, and a partridge in a pear tree!

I'd say it was a pretty awesome day!



So in Columbia Falls, a town about 15 minutes from me, there's this amazing antique store (pictured above) that is inside the town's original train station...!!  It was built in 1908, and has soooo much character.  It has original flooring and windows, and oh, it is just incredible.  I thought I'd snap some pictures for you to see!  So much fun!




The lighting alone is incredible, she has so many different chandeliers and lights on display, it gives it such a unique glow!



And here's the pretty gal that makes it all happen!




In other news, we did our little photoshoot.....and we came up with a name for our weekend extravaganza!

The Vintage Whites Market......





Its really hard to contain my excitement for this event...I don't know if I'll make it to May!


And I'm really sore from carrying all this stuff out to the barn yesterday!  Vanessa and I probably looked hilarious heaving a huge farm table over a fence, and carrying a bucket of vintage goods 1/4 of a mile down a walking trail...

I guess we could tell anyone who looked at us funny that we were training for a vintage relay team....Olympic sport?  I think so.

If you're in the Coeur D'Alene/Spokane/Missoula area and would like to be a part of our show, email me and let me know!  twigdecor@yahoo.com

And one last parting picture of my handsome hubby....;)



(I'm so loving this new camera, feel free to cyberslap me if I'm going overboard!)

17 comments:

Samantha2818 said...

I love the name you chose - I did try to think of something but couldn't come up with anything for you. The name you chose is great though! Your flyer for the market looks amazing - really professional! You did such a good job! I wish I could come but as I'm about 3500 miles away I doubt I'll make it but looking forward to seeing you blog about your preparations and photos of the event itself.
Sam x

Jackie said...

Cool name for the market, awesome photos and a hottie hubby! Great post!

Darla said...

Lots of things to be excited about here...your husband is a doll.

marilyn said...

I am a new follower of your blog.
And i love it.
You and your husband are such a precious couple.
And the amount of good energy you exude through your blog is a huge blessing.
I recently started my own blog, but are very limited in my logs because of life and so forth, but i would love to have you swing by for a visit.
sincerely, marilyn
ps. i was unable to sign on, not sure why. so it's under anonymous, but i really do have an account. i just happen to be lacking in the tech department.
my7sparrows.blogspot.com

marilyn said...

Oh, and i love the name.
I kept thinking about scriptures that refer to the table, the feast, gathering around the table to be blessed.
But, i just couldn't come up with something catchy.
I definitely like the "vintage whites market".
I love all whites and i think it will be a huge success.
best wishes.
marilyn

Kristi~The Slipcover Girl said...

love the name. i'm a new reader. found you through samantha from the nest. love your pics.

Unknown said...

oh my! that store is fantastic, i hope you show us your finds! love your pictures too! what camera did you get? i love photography so much.....thank you for visiting so glad you did. i love your blog! susan

Winchester Manor said...

Where have you been all of my blogging life?! I just adore your blog and oh my what $40 bucks will buy!...I need to shop where you're shopping!!

Gorgeous pics and I will not cyberslap you...your pictures are divine!! Ummm...hubby is so handsome...you luckly lovely lady!!!

Big Hugs,
Karyn

Hugs,
Karyn

Melanie said...

Ohhh I could so get in trouble there! Beautiful as are the pics!

Rebecca Lewis said...

A wonderful name and fabulous flyer! Wishing you all the best ~ still wishin' I could come...just too darn far away! ;-(
BTW ~ Gorgeous photos! Take care~ Rebecca

Jennifer Juniper said...

So I was all ready to tell you how cool this whole thing is and how I wanted to go shopping with you to the garage sale then I saw the ending photo and I've forgotten everything I was going to say ;)

Kelley said...

I agree with Jennifer, that last photo is a jawdropper! What a look!

Your photos of antique stores make them look so homey and cute. The ones I've been to were cluttered and kinda smelly, so I wish I could go antique shopping with you somehow. :)

BEEstung said...

looks like SO much fun!
thanks for sharing...i'm so glad i found your site on WWC!
always looking for new connections and inspirations...now all i want to do it go flea-marketing!!!

xoxo
hollie

wanna trade badges?
add my badge to your blog...and i'll add yours!
we all need to stick together!
xoxoxo
hollie

p.s. wanna trade badges?? i put yours on my links page already! wanna keep an eye on your page!

here is my image:
http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e400/beeestung7/?action=view&current=IMG_0016-1.jpg
website:
http://www.wix.com/violasbees/hollie_chantiles

Jodi Kendall said...

gorgeous!!! definitely a great reason to get up early ;)

last photo = amazing

Deb said...

Oh girl! so glad to have found you through WWC, you're bookmarked! Sounds like a perfect junking day!

Robyn said...

GREAT photos of that store...it looks like a FUN happy place I'd love to visit! I'm so excited about your new adventure and the name is Perfect!

Robyn said...

OHHH and BTW, your husband is a cutie!