29 March 2010

One Busy Bee..

Well,  I took the weekend and made some minor improvements in the living room and the bathroom...

The bathroom was....ehhhhh.


I decluttered, and Tanner painted and redid the trim in the bathroom.  It looks so much better now!


We figured that people would probably appreciate this cream color as opposed to the green that made everyone look like the Hulk...

we also spray painted our gold faucet with hammered silver spray paint.  I highly recommend.  It doesn't come off and looks like a new faucet!


All we need to do now is trim out the mirror and we're all set in here!



As for the living room,  you remember the before, right?





 I found a super cute chair at a garage sale that I will someday reupholster...bought some new springy fabric for the window seat, and added some cherry blossoms in with my awesome twigs. 




Oh, and instead of doing new carpet, we're going to get the old ones cleaned (might not do a darn thing...) and I got this nice plush rug to soften the blow of carpet so ugly it makes you wanna slap someone! ha.

I found some other really nifty things at garage sales....check out these handsome fellas...



I know......they're so darn cute! :)

***

(I put those asterisks in this post to signal a major topic change....)

What do you get when you cross a lot of prior built up major stress, a quiet Sunday afternoon, a friend up for a visit, and a sale on colored tights at Target?




I can't even tell you how much fun it was to make a fool out of myself in public.  Seriously....you should try it sometime.  Get out of your comfort zone.  Humiliate yourself.  Act like you're 9.  It will do you some good, guaranteed.






Seriously.

14 comments:

Jess Herbig said...

Oh. My. God. Jana. You. Make. Me. Proud. To. Call. You. Friend.

iheartsunnydays said...

Ha ha - I love this post! Thank you for sharing your super tights! Classic. PS - I love the clocks you found too!

Samantha2818 said...

Love the beach sign and the bucket holding the flannels (face cloths?!) in the bathroom and your living room looks great.
I think your hubby looks too comfortable in tights! And in broad daylight too!
You all look like you had a great laugh and probably needed one too!
~Sam

Christina said...

Love this....funny!

Kelley said...

The clocks look so cute all together in a group like that!

Lovely Little Nest said...

haha, the super hero stuff looks like fun!

BTW your window seat and the cherry blossoms & twigs are oh-so-dreamy and perfect for Spring! :)

LINDSAY said...

Great costume! Cracks me up :)

Mc Allen said...

wow, you home is just beautiful!! It looks like you guys had some fun! ~ Your eyes are amazing, I just cant get over them! And, this post cracked me up!! xoxo LA

Amber Strehle said...

hahaha..I think we could hang out;)

Martha said...

You are so funny...and so glad you did something fun!!!! Truly a riot I am sure for you all!

Your changes in your home do look great too!

Rachel~Wildflower Photography Studio and Wildflower Creative said...

Lovely changes! I adore the bench in the bathroom and those clocks! :)

Smiles,
rachel

Robyn said...

I HEART you. Seriously, you totally CRACK ME UP! I want to go to Target with you and then buy some crazy tights and have a goofy photo shoot! YOU have THE BEST ATTITUDE! BTW, as MUCH as I HEART you, I MUST add that it would be so terribly difficult for me not to beg and plead with you to let me borrow those little clocks. forever. ;-)

Debra@CommonGround said...

Crazy about the clocks, and envy your uninhibited fun. That would be when the police car would drive by and I would find myself in the backseat!
Debra

Unknown said...

I loved this post girlie!! super cute what you've done with the place, and looks like you guys had a blast! Love!